Welcome to my site!

Hope you will find this site of value and interesting. You can also visit my other sites:
Training Fido
Dog Training - Step-by-Step
Dog Training Basics

25acee56ce7758d83eb1dec3667adab9262f4dd5


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Dog - The Digger - My Garden!!!

The question was asked: My dog digs in my garden, what can I do?
That is one of the most common problems amongst dog owners. Here is one solution.

What you can do is decide on an area where you can make a digging area for him. Take a bone or hoof or something he likes and bury it in that area. Then take your dog there and tell him to "search". Encourage him by starting to dig yourself. He will pick up the smell of the bone and he will carry on digging until he gets that.
Do that every day and he will soon learn that if he digs in that area, he will be rewarded by a nice bone. Fill up the holes in the lawn with some of his poop and cover with soil. He will not dig there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment